Urban Survival Kit for Two People is a three day emergency kit with water, food, tools, first aid, and sanitary provisions to assist two people during a disaster situation in an urban or city environment. This survival pack is especially useful for those that may be without power and need to stay warm, stay informed, clear obstructions, provide first aid, or open additional sources of emergency food or water. The following items are included in this comprehensive preparedness kit:
(1) 21" Outdoor Backpack, (18) Datrex Emergency Water Packs (4.2oz each), (2) 2400 Calorie Datrex Emergency Food Packs (twelve food bars per pack), (2) BRW Emergency Sleeping Bag (waterproof, windproof, and lightweight), (3) Cyalume Military Grade Snaplight 12 Hour Light Sticks, 25 Feet of 500lb Grade Paracord, (1) 5 in 1 Rough Rider Survival Whistle, (1) Stainless Steel Multi-tool, (1) Bic Lighter, (1) Dynamo Flashlight / Radio with Weatherband, (1) Deck Playing Cards, (2) Dust Masks, (1) Pair Heavy Work Gloves, (2) 12" X 15" Water/Refuse Storage Bags
Also included is a large Zippmo first aid kit:
- (12) 3"X3/4 Bandaids
- (4) Butterfly Closure Bandaids
- (4) Extra Large 4"X2" Bandaids
- (4) Anit-Bacterial Cream Packets
- (4) Alcohol Prep Packets
- (4) Iodine Prep Packets
- (4) Aspirin Packets(2 Per)
- (4) Non-Aspirin Packets(2 Per)
- (4) Sterile 2"X2" Gauze Pads
- (1) Medical Tape Roll
- (1) Tweezer
- (2) Pairs Nitrile Gloves
- (1) Cold Compress
- (2) Sunblock / Bug Repellent Packets
- (2) Insect Sting Relief Packets
- (2) Burn Relief Cream Packets
And a medium toiletry kit:
- (1) 4oz Soap Shampoo Bottle
- (4) Sani Wipe Packets
- (4) Packets of Toilet Tissue (10 Tissues Per)
- (2) Toothbrushes
- (1) 4oz Tube Toothpaste
- (2) Maxi-Pads / Dressing Pads.
*Please note that these kits provide the minimum amount of water recommended by the US Coast Guard for a three day Survival Situation. It is highly recommended that additional sources of emergency water be stored in the home, office, car, or boat. The ideal amount of water to store is one gallon per person per day.
**Datrex Food Rations contain Wheat Flour, Vegetable Shortening, Cane Sugar, Water, Coconut, and Salt. If you have food allergies to any of the listed ingredients you should not consume these food rations under any circumstances.
***5 Year Shelf Life for Datrex Food & Water.
- The best package you can get for the money!Review by E. Gerardi
This backpack is great quality and contains enough room to add several other items that i think are very important. I have added addtional MRE packages as well as more water packets and flashlights. Also added a Flash Stick with water proof matches. The radio/flashlight that is shipped with the kit is pretty good. It is a windup so no batteries needed. Good idea in an emergency.
The only downside is shipping but compared to the other similar products in this category, those others dont compare. (Posted on 11/14/13)
- GD STUFF!!! IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!!Review by CUSTOMER
- I didn't even bother opening this be for writing this review. I can just tell by the weight of picking it up and the material its made of!!! I would buy this for my next GF that thinks the world will end for what ever reason... (Posted on 11/14/13)
- Great productReview by Single Mom
- Really impressed with the quality of the items received. It is a good thought out pack and plenty of room to add your own items. Must say my favorite item .. the tweezers.. best ever for taking out splinters as they are notched.. (Posted on 11/14/13)
- Living the Boy Scout MottoReview by Chompper
- Most of the time you don't think about emergencies and what you would do in such a situation. When you can only depend on yourself to survive, this bag helps in being prepared to for such times. (Posted on 11/14/13)
- Great kitReview by HAS
- Great kit with a variety of products. Well packaged and inventoried. The backpack is quality with plenty of room to expand the inventory of needed items. (Posted on 11/14/13)
- Great Go Bag StarterReview by tryko
- I love this!! All it really needs to make it complete is a fire starter, rope and some duct tape! I have added some medications and bug repellent wipes. Still building as there is plenty of space!! (Posted on 11/14/13)
- Very goodReview by Amy E. Miller "Amy"
- Added some duct tape and a few other things, and it's ready to go. Need to add a change of clothes, some socks, and a pair of boots and it will be 100%. Plus side, it has enough room for those things. (Posted on 11/14/13)
- GREAT product Even Better Seller!!!Review by Elana M. Wilkins "letsgoplaces"
- I bought 3 of these survival packs and am about to buy a fourth. The backpack itself is the most sturdy and well made survival pack I've yet to see. I love the extra padding on the shoulder straps and belt for around the chest which will come in handy for me as I have a bad back and will need the extra stability. EVerything is put into heavy duty ziplock bags to keep moisture out. The items are all good quality not cheap as in some other packs. I added more water and food for my dog as well as meds, reading material, shoes and change of clothes. The seller is just about the most helpful one I've ever encountered online...or anywhere else for that matter. That alone says alot. If I had a question it was answered within hours via email. They went the extra mile to make this an even better buying experience than I had hoped for. I have already highly recommended this survival pack and this seller to my friends and family. I kept one of these packs and am giving three away as gifts. This is a gift that EVERYBODY will love. (Posted on 11/14/13)
- Well thought out kitReview by DJ Millard
This two person kit is from ZIPPMO SURVIVAL GEAR, who are newcomers to the survival/disaster kit market, but I think they have done a remarkable job of assembling a well thought out line of kits that will not empty your wallet.
I plan to briefly touch on all the main components included in the kit, so let's get started.
The whole kit packs easily into the large khaki green and gray backpack with plenty of space for additional supplies and personal items. I want to touch, just for a moment, on the choice of colors for the pack. All too often these types of kits come in bright orange or yellow packs often emblazoned with "SURVIVAL PACK" in large bold lettering. And there's nothing wrong with that, but consider this for a moment a disaster natural or manmade strikes your area. Your neighbors are totally unprepared for whatever reason and there you are with the answer to their prayers on your back. People can turn nasty when deprived of the basic comforts they have become so accustomed to. It is a better idea to "fly under the radar" with a neutral colored pack. In this kind of situation my priorities lie with my family once they are safe and cared for then I can help others. The pack has a multitude of zippered compartments and pouches and the carry straps are nice and wide. A well padded chest strap and snap clasp hold it securely on your back. Two mesh water bottle holders, one on each side, easily hold a one quart water bottle.
Food and Water:
Included in the kit are 12 pouches of Datrex drinking water. Each pouch holds 4.2oz. Admittedly this is half the amount other suppliers include but you can always get more. I prefer pouches over the cartons included in other kits as they are well made and very resistant to bursting if heavy loads are put on them. Try to purchase additional water/food supplies from a supplier with good stock rotation. Even though they have a five year shelf life it's a waste of time and money if your supplies arrive with 4 out of the 5 years already gone. Mine have a pack date of 06/2011 and expire 06/2016.
Also included are 2 Datrex 2400 calorie food packs. Well, what can I say about these other than it beats starving to death. The food packs are designed with as small a footprint as possible to save space. They have the same 5 year shelf life. Each outer pack holds 12 "cookies" that have a shortbread coconut flavor. They have been designed to give you a reasonably flat energy curve without making you too thirsty. WARNING: if you have special dietary needs, food allergies or certain medical conditions please consult your physician about the safety of these food bars.....better safe than sorry.
2 emergency survival pouches (sort of an updated version of the trusty old space blanket) are sealed at one end. This will help keep you warm but watch the moisture buildup in the blanket. People tend to wrap these too tightly around themselves thereby trapping moisture inside and you could end up with damp clothing from your own perspiration.
2 light sticks are included. Where would we be without light sticks...well in the dark? These are great for low level small area illumination while you find your emergency lanterns or candles.
1 five in one whistle. This might look cheap but it will certainly do the job. The whistle is VERY loud. The button compass is surprisingly accurate, but is slow to respond. I checked it against my orienteering compass and my GPS. The body of the whistle will hold waterproof or strike anywhere matches, and the signal mirror is recessed into the cap, which isn't the best place for it. However I do have my doubts about the ferrocerium rod glued to the side because it seems a bit small to throw good sparks. I would suggest a Swedish FireSteel Scout. It is small but gives great sparks.
1 Bic lighter and 25ft of paracord are also included, and both have numerous uses.
10 water purification tablets are included and can be invaluable if you suspect your water might be contaminated. 1 tablet will treat 1L of suspect water.
1 multitool; this is a great improvement over the Swiss Army Knife clones offered in many kits. This one is hefty and well made. It also comes with its own nylon sheath with belt loop and assorted bits.
1 radio, flashlight, alarm and cell phone charger is also tucked into this kit. This was something of a surprise as I was expecting a cheap badly thought out/assembled model. Well I was wrong. The flashlight is very bright and has a good focused beam. The FM radio found all my local stations and the Weather Band needed to be tuned because it locked a WB channel in a neighboring town. After a quick scan it's now locked into my local station. I can't comment on the cell phone charger as my phone has a different socket. As for the alarm, should you hit the alarm button by mistake you won't make the same mistake twice!
Also included are 2 dust masks that can help filter out dust and particulates. A pair of work gloves is included and is handy to have if you need to clear debris from your shelter area. A deck of playing cards is also included. Why bother with cards? Well they are great boredom breakers with everything from snap to solitaire to poker. Many of these items come packed into two large heavy duty waterproof bags.
The last things included are a first aid kit and a toiletries kit. The first aid kit is a far step above the usual "Band-Aid and boo-boo cream" some kits include. There are too many items to list individually here but it's an excellent base for your own kit to add personal items to. The toiletries kit is great for the grab and go situation where you might not have time to grab your own toiletries and get them in a bag. This, like the first aid kit, is a good starting place for your personalized kit.
JUST A THOUGHT:
Please do not forget about the four legged family members. Use a sturdy child's school backpack. Pack: food & water, extra water purification tablets, pet's favorite toy, dog/cat boots (to protect your pet's paws from broken glass, twisted metal, etc.), extra harness (not a collar, because it can become hooked on sharp objects) & lead, gauze (in case your pet sustains an open wound) and an old clean sock (to discourage your pet from chewing off the gauze and licking the wound), thermal blanket, plastic bowls (for food and water), anything your pet associates with safety (as long as it fits into the backpack), and any medication your pet must have on a daily or weekly basis (contact your vet). (Posted on 11/14/13)