Wilderness Survival Kit for Two People is a three day emergency kit with water, food, tools, first aid, and sanitary provisions to assist two people during a disaster situation. This bug out bag is especially useful for those who live in a rural or wilderness environment and may require the ability to create shelter, build a fire, navigate, or hunt. The following items are included in this comprehensive preparedness kit:
(1) 21" Outdoor Backpack, (18) Datrex Emergency Water Packs (4.2oz each), (2) 2400 Calorie Datrex Emergency Food Packs (twelve food bars per pack), (2) BRW Emergency Sleeping Bag (waterproof, windproof, and lightweight), (1) BRW Tube Tent, (3) Cyalume Military Grade Snaplight 12 Hour Light Sticks, 25 Feet of 500lb Grade Paracord, (1) Explorer Compass with Signal Mirror, (1) Explorer Magnesium Fire Starter (Good for 12,000 Strikes), (1) Explorer Ring Wire Saw, (1) Fox 40 Pearl Whistle, (1) Mora High-Q Robust Carbon Steel Knife, (1) Bic Lighter, (1) Mayday Ready Light Flashlight, (1) Deck Playing Cards, (2) Dust Masks, (1) Pair Heavy Work Gloves, & (2) 15" X 12" Water/Refuse Storage Bags.
Also included is a large Zippmo first aid kit:
- (12) 3"X3/4 Bandaids
- (4) Butterfly Closure Bandaids
- (4) Extra Large 4"X2" Bandaids
- (4) Anit-Bacterial Cream Packets
- (4) Alcohol Prep Packets
- (4) Iodine Prep Packets
- (4) Aspirin Packets(2 Per)
- (4) Non-Aspirin Packets(2 Per)
- (4) Sterile 2"X2" Gauze Pads
- (1) Medical Tape Roll
- (1) Tweezer
- (2) Pairs Nitrile Gloves
- (1) Cold Compress
- (2) Sunblock / Bug Repellent Packets
- (2) Insect Sting Relief Packets
- (2) Burn Relief Cream Packets
And a medium toiletry kit:
- (1) 4oz Soap Shampoo Bottle
- (4) Sani Wipe Packets
- (4) Packets of Toilet Tissue (10 Tissues Per)
- (2) Toothbrushes
- (1) 4oz Tube Toothpaste
- (2) Maxi-Pads
*Please note that these kits provide the minimum amount of water recommended by the US Coast Guard for a three day Survival Situation. It is highly recommended that additional sources of emergency water be stored in the home, office, car, or boat. The ideal amount of water to store is one gallon per person per day.
**Datrex Food Rations contain Wheat Flour, Vegetable Shortening, Cane Sugar, Water, Coconut, and Salt. If you have food allergies to any of the listed ingredients you should not consume these food rations under any circumstances.
***5 Year Shelf Life for Datrex Food & Water.
- Very good starterReview by Dave
- This appears to be very well put together. Wrapped up nice and tight with room to add more stuff. Thanks Zippmo (Posted on 11/14/13)
- Quality product, would purchase again.Review by John Knollovic
I looked at alot of kits before I made a purchase. One of the deciding factors is that the water is in bags instead of boxes. I think this increases the survivability of the water, I wouldnt want it to rupture in the bag and destroy all the other contents. Even if it did, everything comes packaged in large ziploc bags that would protect the items in case the bag got soaked.
The knife seems very sharp, and the blade is very thick and it has an overall sturdy feel to it.
The flashlight is very light weight, holds a charge for a long time and is extremely easy to use. I havent seen many that are charged by squeezing instead of cranking, but i like it alot. My only complaint with the flashlight was the small clip that keeps the lever retracted broke the first time i used it, mostly because of user error, but it wasnt that sturdy to begin with. Such a minor thing though, I wouldnt take a star off for it. In fact I would like to purchase more of these individually if i could find them.
Im using this as a disaster kit and fortunately havent had a need for it yet, so i cant say that ive fully tested it. I do plan on augmenting it with a few other things but i feel its a pretty solid basic kit. I think its well worth the price i paid, and it seems to be a quality product.
It shipped quick, arrived fast, and was well packaged. Overall a great product. (Posted on 11/14/13)